Monday, January 15, 2007

The Life of a Dead Man

Tis a poem i wrote. not a happy one, slightly depressing and kind of clichéd, you know...the usual stuff. the misery of a man...shall not elaborate anymore..will leave you to judge it...and i dont have any issues with you being completely honest...so write what you must and comment with heart's content:

A Walk through Central Park

Walking through Central Park,
Something I rarely did.
I sucked in the nights cold air and it hit me hard in the chest,
I felt heavy and slowly I drifted away...

Time had not been good to me,
Days flew by, quicker than I could understand,
I cried in my sleep, my poor distressed self,
There was no one who would cry for me, but myself.

He took them away from me, both Wife and Child
And with them He took away such rich love...
I was now a man of stone, every tear I cried meant nothing to the world, and as i had feared, meant nothing to me anymore.

Life then had no meaning, I lived for the sake of living,
Wondering why He kept my heart still beating,
There was never a day I did not hate myself for being alive,
For why my eyes could still see and hands still feel...

But i had to accept, i was still a part of the breathing, the living,
I had to make sense of what was going around me,
I had to fall in place among the lovers and the hopeless, the content and the ignored,
I had to , for I am both blood and flesh...I am human

Soon, I knew He would take me too,
He would reunite me with my loved ones,
Till then i shall wait and still take my walks in Central Park,
Slowly waiting...breathing...hoping, Will that time ever come?

---------*--------*---------

Well...thats it...thnx to Sonia for all the minor changes :P and hopefully you'll come across my poem sometime later...now go on and comment away!!
(p.s ssry i took for ever to update my blog!! i warned you that i was lazy!!)

18 comments:

Rayna said...

amazing poem, i'm sure its gonna get published in the school mag. I dont know how u guys manage to wriet such brilliant poems.
Please post up more poems !!!
again, brilliant.
keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, first off. I really liked it. I did. But, it seemed to spelt-out for me you know... just a little more work on the rhythm. Yeah, that would work wonders.

Anonymous said...

I luv da poem!
Keep bloggin!

Shalaka said...

If you don't send this for the school magazine....I'll send it.. well, actually i won't - ill convince you to send it in:)! 1 word : AMAZING!!! Actually, Rayna's word describe your poem better - BRILLIANT!! I loved it! Post more poems!

rishika said...

hats off resh for the awesome poem...you did reallly good job for your first try...and its nice just the way it is...

but you shudve given the poem up to the the modernite with the name of...''the life of a dead man''...rather than 'a walk to central park'...the former has way more feel in it..

really liked it..
--rish

*reshma* said...

by the by rishi this is not my 1st try!! lol..nyway..thnx...

Radhii said...

Yo Freshma... !
Nishant's just dumb. He writes poems so no one understands what the heck they mean, and then when they interpret the wrong thing he starts laughing. Oh har har har.

The endings a bit stale. Change that, and it's perfect! It's really fab, I truly liked it (better than all of nishants atleast :P :P). School mag'z gay. Don't send it there. Send it some place better! Like like .. I don't know. Ur online... So i shall talk to u there. :P

Much love,
Radhii.

Radhii said...

OMG. I just re read my comment, and it sounds like i didn't like it! Which is so not true.

I loved it. It encouraged emotions, and I guess that's what all poets aim for (except Nishant).

Nishant said...

Radhika, are you somehow obssessed with my name?

Radhii said...

No Nishant. Why? Are you obsessed with mine?

OH AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL .. YOU .. YOU BAMBOOLA!

*reshma* said...

yes, as much i find ur bickering very entertaining, ur taken up decent blogging space!! y dun u move ur squabbles 2 kapil's blog!! thnk u fer ur cooperation ;)

Radhii said...

This isn't blogging space! It's commenting space! And technically... these are comments :P

But since you don't want me to comment and all I guess I won't EVER comment ever again. *sighh*

:P :P :P

PS: Why are people obssessed with the following words: brilliant, cliched.

Anonymous said...

shmaaa....Brilliant poem (:P radhi)

u sent it for the school magazine rite? u bettrve...

-mini

Anonymous said...

Aye pengu !!

It's not 'shmaaa' it's 'freshmaa' =)

- wispu

Anonymous said...

obsessed

Anonymous said...

Hey resh ?? what is up with the whole WISPU AND PENGU BIT ??!!!

lol anyways loved the poem !! you just proved that you are an amazing writer ...... all you now need to do is START BLOGGING MORE OFTEN !!!

Love it !! but you could improvise a little bit !!

anywyas resh today was soooo much fun in school ... cya at 11 pm my place and there shall be no distractions form ELINA KRISHNA LEONA etc .... ALLL ALLLOOONNNEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----- LUV ya CASTELINO

Anonymous said...

Wispu = radhika
Pengu = menaka
dumbu = nikita

Anonymous said...

heyyy reshh!!!!!kool poem. liked it a lot....keep bloggin!!!!1