Friday, November 10, 2006

Dear Brothers & Sisters...

Tired...hungry...sleepy...i shoved my house key into the keyhole with the little strength i still had left...i opened the door to an empty living room...not very welcoming...but wait...there she comes, my little darling, she rubbed her head against my calf, im forced to smile. i drop my bags to the floor as though they were heavy weights. i scrunched my back, making sure i still had a backbone after carrying those Godforsaken school bags...i swore under my breath...
She meaowed softly and licked my sweaty hands, it caused the hair on my neck to stand. i looked into her sea-green eyes, so much innocence...i suddenly felt at ease. i carried her in my arms as if she was a little infant, i plopped down on the sofa and stroked her head...my lil fluff ball i called her, she was the only living breathing thing that existed in my lonely home apart from dad ofcourse...but he always showed up late from work...the poor man...for the rest of my darling family, mom with brother in bangalore and sister dearest in bombay...not the best arrangement for either of us, but sacrifices have to be made...how i miss all of them...im fed up with the food, with the dead furniture i see everyday, the overwhelming silence that fills my house except for her occassional mews...i hate it, i hate all...
My social life has come to complete halt with the dreaded exams on its way...my friends are to busy studing than worrying about me, boyfriend, ha, why bother (!) i have no one to talk to, talk to my dad..i dont think so, mom.. nope, brother..never, sister... well maybe, but the distance just keeps us farther apart.
How i miss b'lore, its amazing weather and my beautiful house there, how i miss home..it may seem unfair to dubai, being born here and living here for the past 10 years of my life, but those four years bangalore were great...a totally different experience...life in dubai during my first few years was perfect, the hole family was here, good marks in school, everyone was happy, absolutely no worries...then flew to b'lore...and my life changed, might have been for the good or the bad. poor dad was stranded in dubai, it was just mom, sis, bro and moi...it took a while for us to get used to the junk on the road and the heavy pollution and lets not forget the cows and the stray dogs, b'lore isnt anything without them, they ruled the roads and streets!!...i grew in b'lore...had my first actual crush, had amazing set of friends, got on the back of bikes, learnt how to drive one, got into trouble inumerable times, failed in tests, it was in b'lore that i learnt the importance of breaking rules, of getting hurt, of losing things and finding new ones, i spent my first few starting years as a teenager in b'lore and its taught me so much, for that im so thankful...
but now im back in my hometown, the fast moving dubai, the 1st class cars, the hep women in their boots, its then i miss the women of india in their old fashioned saris and chapals(!) now... my family is 100o miles apart from each other and it all comes down to me, in this lonely house in this somewhat sad place...
So the question is dear brothers and sisters, can a 14 year old survive with her music, her cat, the tv, her favourite books, decent food and phone calls everyday from her worrying mom, in her boring household...
hmmm...well i seem to be doin fine...so i gess one can survive...may not the be the best, but its like i said, sacrifices have to be made...but things will get better, it always does...moms coming in three days...that means no more food from outside and some serious TLC!!! now all i have to worry about are gettin through these examas with some satisfying marks after which ill be flying to b'lore leaving this place for a whole 2 good weeks...
so i gess life isnt all that bad as it seems...this post goes out to all those fed up kids who come home everyday to an empty house with no family and no life...just remember if you're good to life then life will certainly be good to you...
Till next time folks, keep breathing and pray for a tomorrow. God bless you...
Adios Amigos...

9 comments:

Rayna said...

hmm....reshma i'm srry that u miss b'lore but i'm glad ur takn it in ur stride. Keep the +ve attitude..and if it makes u feel better are class would be INCOMPLETE without u... u make every1 laugh all the time & no one seriously no one can rap like u..
tc...love ya

*reshma* said...

hey rayna tats the sweetest thing ever...thnx a lot...i wouldnt be nythin without u guyz!!

Radhii said...

Hey love,
You keep me going! You know that! Without you I crumble! Both of our families, our mothers, our brothers, our possible best friends are light years away. Just remember that even though they're miles from where we are, they love and care for us more than anyone else, and we're going to see them soon. Atleast we have our two Mi's (Misty and Mihir :P )..

Furniture. I don't have a bed! I don't have a closet. I don't have a computer. I don't have the things that remind me of how things were a few months ago. No one knows this but i haven't watched TV in over two months. Half my furniture is gone. It was all sudden for both of us pretty much.. This wasn't how things were supposed to be huh? We dream of the future, did you ever think this is how things would be? We can survive! Just a little while! 2 weeks from after exams for us both!

Calls. Everyday calls would be great. Calling from Boston ain't cheap. Most phone calls are either, to tell the truth, filled with screaming, crying, pretending I'm fine, or laughing about Niki being gay :P and how the family is going to react.

Dubai isn't home for anyone. Home is where the heart is. You trynna tell me your heart is here? Your hearts in B'lore as mines in Florida, or Boston, or Acton with my mom, even though I haven't spent more than 2 months there.

Rayna's right. Without you in class, thing's would be utter and complete $&*#&$. I would've irritated dad till he would've kicked me on a plane to JFK. Either way. I'm here for you, as you are for me always. To cheer you up, to talk to you, and occasionally to call you a SMOOFIE! Just know that always. Ur my homegirl Leshu!

anish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anish said...

f this will help..you write really well..simple but engrossing, informal but unnerving...well done

and yeah stay positive, remember the lowest of points in your life teach you the most about the world and about yourself...and those that have been thru the lowest points of their lives are stronger, more mature and more headstrong!

so take refuge in that!

hope things become better and you do well in ur exams!

Menaka said...

hi resh....gr8 blog:D:D js keep tht positive nd fun luving attitude goin...we all luv ya:D:D:D

*reshma* said...

omg...im soo touchd radhii...u make me feel soo gud...u noe ur rite, v both r goin through pretty much the same problems, thnx fer bein here fer me, u have noo idea how...how happy, touched i feel rite now!! thnx sooo much..remeber ur my smoofie 2 n ill always b there fer u 2!!!

Nishant said...

Good evening ma'am.

A well done post, but, opposing to Radhika's statement, my heart is here. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, if at all I did, and I hope you find the place you're looking for, sooner or later. Even for the smallest moment, the fragrance of familiarity, drifting through the air, proves welcome enough. I was going to blog on this, but after reading your pst, I decided to waste it on you =P. I hope you get what you want, even though we may never, or anyone for that matter, but if we work hard enough, remember (quote some song I dont remember) you might just get what you need.

Nishant

Radhii said...

your face, your mom, cameron diaz, a hot tub, chocolate sundaes, shakira, mexican hat dancers, and dinosaurs.
DO THE MATHH


In random mood. Please excuse me for myself.